» Manager of Stadium Operations - Lake County Captains (Eastlake, OH)
» Future Notification Only - Midwest League and its Teams (Various Locations, US)
Serves food and beverage concessions in accordance with the Company’s Operational Standards under the direction of the Director of Food and Beverage, Concourse Manager, and Stand Leader(s).
Food & Beverage Service Duties
• Participates in set-up of stand, arranges inventory, notifies Stand Leader of any inventory deficiency or shortages
• Greets guests approaching stand
• Acquaints guests with items for sale and uses suggestive selling techniques
• Serves food and beverage items in correct proportions, following proper sanitation guidelines
• Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all company alcohol service policies and procedures.
• Performs clean-up duties in the stand to maintain the quality appearance of the work area, including cleaning equipment.
• Records all waste.
Cashier Duties (if applicable)
• Properly records all transactions via the point of sale system and informs guests of the amounts owed.
• Collects the proper money for food and beverage items; processes credit card or determines correct change for guests.
• Accounts for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift
• Perform any other duties as assigned
• Shows flexibility by rotating to other stands when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Excellent guest service skills
• Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
• Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
• Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and receive orders.
• Ability to work effectively with others
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
• Ability to remain stationary for entire length of shift
• Ability to perform normal lifting of stock up to 35 pounds.
The successful candidate will have experience with and perform the following responsibilities upon hire with the Lake County Captains:
1) Oversee all in-stadium facility operations including cleaning, construction, upkeep and general maintenance, to ensure the facility is in the best possible condition for every event held on the premises.
2) Be the main contact between the team and the City of Eastlake to oversee stadium repair projects that fall under the responsibility of the City of Eastlake per the stadium lease agreement.
3) Oversee all in-stadium activities and responsibilities with regard to preparation for all events that occur inside the facility.
4) Manage subordinates to ensure those who work for you execute daily responsibilities as required to allow you to effectively manage your department.
5) Oversee the stadium clean-up crew following each event held at facility, including a complete walk-through each day after the crew has completed cleaning the stadium to ensure all areas have been addressed.
6) Schedule and supervise power washing on a regular basis during the season.
7) Maintain and monitor all in-stadium signage, including a daily walk-through to ensure all signs are displayed properly; all flags are flying properly and not ripped or caught on barriers.
8) Work with the Director of Turf Management to maintain the stadium throughout the off-season, including routine security checks, routine checks of all suites and clubhouses to ensure all utilities are monitored regularly to limit overall utility costs.
9) With the Corporate Partnership Team to oversee the placement of outfield signs, in-stadium signs, decorative flags and banners and all other decor before the start of the season.
10) Oversee the winterization of the stadium following the conclusion of the season. Duties include: winterizing all areas of the ballpark and taking down and storing all décor and signs.
11) Work with the GM to develop and oversee a budget for all stadium supplies and equipment expenses with the goal of keeping costs low. This will involve maintaining an accurate record of all expenditures.
12) Maintain all Fun Zone equipment throughout the season, including: general upkeep of the equipment to ensure it is in the best possible condition for presentation and transporting the equipment to and from off-site events.
13) Oversee the hiring of, and direct supervision of, all part-time stadium staff (non-concessions) including working with local Unions to ensure full compliance with employment contracts.
14) Work with the GM to develop and oversee a budget for all stadium labor (non-concessions).
15) Work to secure “trade” agreements with companies, as approved by the General Manager, with a goal of reducing costs.
16) Work to secure sponsorship agreements with vendors to ensure those that we do business with are doing business back with us – maximize our dollars that are spent locally.
17) Perform building projects as needed, however, do so only when it does not interfere with your core responsibilities as outlined – you must ensure that the facility is in the best condition, appearance-wise, before focusing on other projects.
18) Work with the Clubhouse Manager to ensure that all equipment needs are met for the team.
19) Represent the Company at business and community functions.
20) Be a leader in customer service.
21) Work as a member of a TEAM, and Have Fun!!!
22) Conduct self in a professional manner both in personal appearance and attitude.
23) Perform other duties as determined by the General Manager.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Have you worked at least two years in stadium operations? 2. Have you managed employees and if so, in what capacity? 3. Are you certified in any trade or technical skills? 4. Have you worked with supply vendors and have experience negotiating pricing? 5. Do you have experience with baseball equipment management?
1. Have you worked at least two years in stadium operations?
2. Have you managed employees and if so, in what capacity?
3. Are you certified in any trade or technical skills?
4. Have you worked with supply vendors and have experience negotiating pricing?
5. Do you have experience with baseball equipment management?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Midwest League and its teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ