The Lake County Captains, Class A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, are a member of the full-season Midwest League. The organization operates Classic Park, located 15 minutes east of downtown Cleveland in Eastlake OH. The 13-year-old franchise is seeking an experienced individual with at least two years of ticket sales leadership or high level sales results to lead its ticket sales efforts
1) Oversee all Ticket Sales for the Company, including season tickets, mini-plans, and group outings.
2) Introduce ideas for implementation of group ticket programs to increase group ticket sales and programs to increase season ticket and mini-plan sales.
3) Ensure that each Ticket Sales Staff Member is properly executing the sales process effectively and efficiently, including developing and providing to you a written plan to coordinate and deliver a successful event, a report on all potential contacts and organizations and weekly updates to the sales staff on the progress made in each category/event.
4) Provide daily guidance and motivation of the ticket sales staff to ensure each individual remains on task and focused on the organizational goals that are established for the Department.
5) Approve all sales to ensure full compliance with company sales policies.
6) Work with Director of Food & Beverage to ensure that ticket sales staff is aware of, and adheres to food-related policies and procedures.
7) Coordinate the development of all ticket sales presentation templates and literature for use by staff.
8) Oversee the composition of the ticket pricing structure for ticket sales inventory.
9) Oversee weekly ticket sales meetings with the goal of creating a dynamic and interactive learning session that will energize and involve the entire sales staff. Present an agenda to the GM/VP prior to each meeting for review of topics.
10) Develop a system to ensure that all promotions-related planning and details are communicated to Director of Promotions & Marketing in a timely manner.
11) Oversee and ensure that all tickets sales staff members are aggressively sourcing and procuring new business leads.
12) Oversee the consistent monitoring of weekly sales progress, weekly sales contests and weekly sales reporting.
13) Oversee the on-going training and development of the entire ticket sales staff, with the goal of leading by example and creating an enthusiastic and aggressive sales environment.
14) Oversee the on-going maintenance of the organization’s primary sales related databases to be used for correspondence and sales leads.
15) Work with the Director of Ticket & Merchandise Operations and Director of Finance to improve the efficiency of all ticket sales operations both internally and externally.
16) Work to sell all ticket plans and group outings, including: season tickets, mini plans, private area group outings and normal group tickets.
17) Aggressively identify new business development and sales meetings with prospective accounts.
18) Maintain a consistent and robust pipeline of prospected accounts.
19) Work to sell all partial season and full season luxury suites
20) Coordinate, with the ticket sales staff, on an in-season and post-season customer service program.
21) Coordinate all in-season group leader and ticket package holder events.
22) Work to execute all group programs, ensuring a high level attention to detail and follow-through.
23) Work to execute the renewal and new sales process for ticket packages.
24) Focus on new business development and sales meetings with prospective accounts.
26) Properly manage the amount of personal time spent on administrative duties while maximizing the use of assistants and ticket sales staff to perform the following tasks:
a. Oversee all ticket sales databases to ensure proper maintenance and use, while limiting administrative work to ensure personal time management is focused on sales efforts.
b. Oversee ticket sales availability reports and reporting of individual sales versus goals, with the goal of making such information easy to retrieve and understand.
c. Produce home stand group sheets for distribution to all sales staff, including assigned responsibilities for groups, as needed on game days.
27) Maintain an extraordinary attention to detail and excellent time management skills, which are an absolute requirement to acceptable job performance.
28) Exhibit a willingness to attend events outside of normal business hours in an effort to grow personal and departmental business.
29) Be a leader in customer service for all office and nightly staff.
30) Be a leader to all office and nightly staff in “getting the job done.” Remember, the people who work for you will rarely work harder than you.
31) Represent the Captains in a professional manner.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have two years of supervising or directing a ticket sales department? 2. What is the gross annual total of ticket and group dollars that you have sold in each of the last two years? 3. Are you familiar with the Northeast Ohio Market? If so, how (from here; lived here)?
1. Do you have two years of supervising or directing a ticket sales department?
2. What is the gross annual total of ticket and group dollars that you have sold in each of the last two years?
3. Are you familiar with the Northeast Ohio Market? If so, how (from here; lived here)?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Midwest League and its teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ